1. When you get a note you don’t understand (what does “quiet collarbones” mean I should do?)
2. When you go over the hard part of a dance over and over and then mess up the easy part in a performance.
3. When your teacher says, “one more time!” for the 900th time and you’re starting not to believe her.
4. When your feet are dirty and you have to put your nice flats on.
5. When “warm ups” are code for “flexibility contest” (it’s a silent contest, but a contest nonetheless).
6. When a sequence is so fast that if you think, you just missed it.
7. When you get multiple notes at the same time and you can’t seem to do one without messing up the other (your shoulders lift when you try to straighten your knees, your feet flex when you try to keep your face soft, AHHHH MY BRAIN IS EXPLODING).
8. When a movement just doesn’t look the same on your body as it does on your teacher’s.
9. When you randomly can’t do the thing you totally did yesterday.
10. When your body just flat out won’t do something and you have little hope that it ever will. (Re: dinosaur arms.).
11. When the floor is too sticky, the pole is too cold, and nothing is working.
12. When you learn a dance in class and try to practice it home but blank out on 3/4s of it.
13. When you’re waiting in line to do something in front of the class that you’re definitely going to suck at.
14. When the teacher calls out a correction for “some people” and you look down and you’re the one who lost your turn out.
15 .When you remember to pack everything except your sports bra.
16. When you only nail it if no one’s looking and you forgot to hit “record.”
Now your turn!